Table of Contents
January 20, 2024 10:00 am to 7:30 pm
2710 Kingston Road
York, PA 17402
The Accessibility Porter’s checklist is pending.
Now that we have entered the Christmas season it is time for Owlsherst and community to celebrate. There will be various delights throughout the day, including games, entertainments, music performances, and dancing. To show your prowess, planned events also include both adult and youth Armored Combat, as well as Rapier. The traditional Owlsherst’s King Cake will be served early in the afternoon with the expressed desire to extend the Reign of Misrule! A light dayboard will be provided at mid-day, followed by a Byzantine Feast at approximately 5:30 p.m. After-Feast activities will include music and dancing.
Dayboard (midday meal) is included in the Site Fee.
Rates shown for members have the membership discount(s) applied.
- Adults: Non-Members: $20.00; Members: $15.00
- Children: Age 6-17: $8.00
- Family Cap (2 adults & 2 or more children): Non-Members: $50.00; Members: $40.00
$10 per seat
How to Register
Registrations close January 12 2024
Check or Money Order
Payable to: SCA PA Inc – Shire of Owlsherst
1411 W. Philadelphia St.
York, PA 17404
Registration via PayPal is a two-step process.
- Complete the PayPal Registration Form. A PayPal invoice will be sent to the email address you supply on the registration form within 24 hours of the form being submitted. If you haven’t received an invoice and it’s been longer than 24 hours, please contact the reservationist.
- Pay the PayPal invoice. Online preregistration is not complete until the PayPal invoice has been paid.
At the Door
Registrations (cash, check, money order) will be accepted at the door. No forms of electronic payment are accepted at the door. Cash machines are available at multiple establishments along Eastern Blvd and East Market Street within 1 mile of the event site.
This is a single-day event and the event site does not permit overnight stays. There are multiple hotels in the immediate area. Below is a short list of the nearest hotels (within 2 miles).
- Candlewood Suites – 955 N Hills Rd, York, PA 17402; (717) 757-7200
- Courtyard by Marriott – 2799 Concord Rd, York PA 17402; (717) 840-7840
- TownePlace Suites by Mariott – 2789 Concord Rd, York PA 17402; (717) 840-1180
- Quality Inn & Suites – 2600 E. Market St, York PA 17402; (717) 755-1966
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – 18 Cinema Dr, York PA 17402; (717) 718-4447
- Event Steward: Lord Conall na Seamar Ó Conghaile
- Head Cook: Lady Órlaith in Viðforla (aka Orlaithe in Vothfroli)
- Reservationist: Lady Leonilla Kalista Kievlianina
Owlsherst is a 100% volunteer-run organization and will need volunteers to help make this event a success!
We do not have a specific list of needs yet – but here’s a list of some of the tasks we’ll likely need help with:
- General set-up & tear-down
- Scullery (dish-washing & after-feast kitchen cleaning)
- Voice Herald
- Martial List Assistant
- Page (runner)
Teens 14-17 are welcome to sign up as volunteers for most tasks.
Our host site’s policies prohibit the consumption of alcohol on-site. This site is not “discreetly wet” – this site is “bone dry”.