Table of Contents
Now that we have entered the Christmas season it is time for Owlsherst and community to celebrate. There will be various delights throughout the day, including games, entertainments, music performances, and dancing. To show your prowess, planned events also include both adult and youth Armored Combat, as well as Rapier. The traditional Owlsherst’s King Cake will be served early in the afternoon with the expressed desire to extend the Reign of Misrule! A light dayboard will be provided at mid-day, followed by an English Feast at approximately 5:30 p.m. After Feast activities will include music and dancing.
This event has a corresponding Facebook Event listing for your convenience.
Latest Pre-registration Numbers
As of Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 1:00 pm, 57 feast seats remain available.
Dayboard (midday meal) is included in the Site Fee.
Rates shown for members have the membership discount(s) applied.
- Adults: Non-Members: $17.00; Members: $12.00
- Children: Age 6-17: $9.00
- Family Cap (2 adults & 2 or more children): Non-Members: $48.00; Members: $38.00
$12 per seat
Children 5 and under are free.
The Feast is capped at 80 seats
How to Register
Registrations close December 26th, 2022
Check or Money Order
Payable to: SCA PA Inc – Shire of Owlsherst
1411 W. Philadelphia St.
York, PA 17404
The survey at the above link will collect the necessary information for the PayPal team to manually generate an invoice for you. Upon completion of the form, you should expect to receive a PayPal invoice within the next 24 hours at the email address you supplied. Your pre-registration will not be considered complete until you have paid the PayPal invoice. You will be able to pre-register multiple people at once using this survey.
If it has been longer than 24 hours since you completed the survey and you have not received your invoice, please contact the Reservationist as soon as possible so she can check on it for you.
At the Door
Registrations (cash, check, money order) will be accepted at the door. No forms of electronic payment are accepted at the door. Cash machines are available at multiple establishments along Eastern Blvd and East Market Street within 1 mile of the event site.
This is a single-day event and the event site does not permit overnight stays. There are multiple hotels in the immediate area. Below is a short list of the nearest hotels (within 2 miles).
- Candlewood Suites – 955 N Hills Rd, York, PA 17402; (717) 757-7200
- Courtyard by Marriott – 2799 Concord Rd, York PA 17402; (717) 840-7840
- TownePlace Suites by Mariott – 2789 Concord Rd, York PA 17402; (717) 840-1180
- Quality Inn & Suites – 2600 E. Market St, York PA 17402; (717) 755-1966
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – 18 Cinema Dr, York PA 17402; (717) 718-4447
- Event Steward: Lord Conall na Seamar Ó Conghaile
- Deputy Event Steward: Lady Kaitlyn MacAulay (aka Widow Kaite o’ the Kenders)
- Head Cook: Lady Órlaith in Viðforla (aka Orlaithe in Vothfroli)
- Reservationist: Lady Leonilla Kalista Kievlianina
Owlsherst is a 100% volunteer-run organization and will need volunteers to help make this event a success!
We do not have a specific list of needs yet – but here’s a list of some of the tasks we’ll likely need help with:
- General set-up & tear-down
- Scullery (dish-washing & after-feast kitchen cleaning)
- Voice Herald
- Martial List Assistant
- Page (runner)
Teens 14-17 are welcome to sign up as volunteers for most tasks.
Our host site’s policies prohibit the consumption of alcohol on-site. This site is not “discreetly wet” – this site is “bone dry”.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.